All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere's something about Jane...Jane Austen lived only just into her forties, never married, never had children, lived all her life in the south of England and rarely strayed far from the genteel and orthodox social circle into which she was born. She completed only six vels, and achieved little fame in her lifetime. Yet 200 years after her death, she remains one of our most revered writers, and one of the most regularly adapted for television and film. Her vels are beloved by readers all over the world who continue to be inspired, beguiled and delighted by her often comic, and always shrewd insights into the calculations, and complexities of human hearts and minds. This short biography aims to get to the heart of the enigmatic woman who was Jane Austen, and to the enduring qualities in her work which make it so universally loved and admired. CAROLINE SANDERSON has done jobs in both bookselling and publishing and w works as a writer, editor and books journalist. She is the author of three works of n-fiction: Someone Like Adele, Kiss Chase & Conkers: The Games We Played; and: A Rambling Fancy: In the Footsteps of Jane Austen, a travel book about Jane Austen's life and locations. Caroline's articles, book reviews and author interviews have appeared in The Times, The Independent on Sunday, Mslexia, newbooks and Books for Keeps. She is n-fiction editor of The Bookseller, the weekly magazine for the UK book trade. Caroline is a regular broadcaster, and public speaker to WI & Probus groups, and also regularly chairs events at book festivals. She is a judge for the 2013 Costa Biography Award. Caroline lives in Gloucestershire with one husband and two children, in a house with too few bookshelves. When t reading or writing, she tries to improve her bad Flamenco dancing.
- Author BiographyCaroline Sanderson is non-fiction editor of The Bookseller and was a judge for the 2013 Costa Biography Award.
- Author(s)Caroline Sanderson
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/02/2014
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.