All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn authoritative account of everyday life in Regency England, the backdrop of Austen s beloved vels Nearly two centuries after her death, Jane Austen remains the most cherished of all velists in the English language, incomparable in the wit, warmth, and insight with which she depicts her characters and life. Yet the milieu Austen presents is only one aspect of the England in which she lived, a time of war, unrest, and dramatic changes in the country s physical and social landscape. Jane Austen s England offers a fascinating new view of the great velist s time, in a wide-ranging and richly detailed social history of English culture. As in their bestselling book Nelson s Trafalgar, Roy and Lesley Adkins have drawn upon a wide array of contemporary sources to chart the daily lives of both the gentry and the commoners, providing a vivid cultural snapshot of t only how people worked and played, but how they struggled to survive.
- Author BiographyRoy and Lesley Adkinsare husband-and-wife historians and archaeologists and the bestselling authors ofNelson s Trafalgar, Jack Tar, and The Keys of Egypt, among otherbooks. They live in Devon, England.
- Author(s)Lesley Adkins,Roy Adkins
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication29/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight390 g
- Width139 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.