CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.86
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $39.23
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.22
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $25.28
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $15.04
- AU $10.87Trending at AU $13.45
About this product
- DescriptionIntroduction by Diane JohnsonCommentary by G. K. Chesterton, Virginia Woolf, Elizabeth Rigby, George Saintsbury, and Anthony Trollope Initially published under the pseudonym Currer Bell in 1847, Charlotte Bronte s Jane Eyre erupted onto the English literary scene, immediately winning the devotion of many of the world s most rewned writers, including William Makepeace Thackeray, who declared it a work of great genius. Widely regarded as a revolutionary vel, Bronte s masterpiece introduced the world to a radical new type of heroine, one whose defiant virtue and moral courage departed sharply from the more acquiescent and malleable female characters of the day. Passionate, dramatic, and surprisingly modern, Jane Eyre endures as one of the world s most beloved vels. Includes a Modern Library Reading Group GuideFrom the Trade Paperback edition.
- Author BiographyCharlotte Bronte (1816 1855), a poor clergyman s daughter from Yorkshire, England, worked as a teacher and governess before her publication of Jane Eyre won her instant fame. She went on to produce three more novels before dying at the age of thirty-eight.
- Author(s)Charlotte Bronte
- PublisherRandom House Audio Publishing Group
- Date of Publication08/02/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Audio Publishing Group
- Out-of-print date05/01/2017
- Weight440 g
- Width128 mm
- Height149 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Read byBailey
- Contained items statement18 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1290
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.