All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWell-kwn for her installations and public art commissions that engage with architectural and biological forms, Janet Laurence is fascinated by the interplay of plant species, animals and people. In her work, represented in all major collections in Australia, Laurence constructs atmospheric spaces that allow for deep reflection on questions of ecology and extinction. Here, Prudence Gibson surveys Laurence's BioArt, and her radical interpretation of humanity's relationship with the world.
- Author BiographyPRUDENCE GIBSON is a Sydney-based art and fiction writer and academic. She has published fiction in Antipodes, Eureka Street and Etchings. She is author of the art book The Rapture of Death, 2010 and has published over 280 art essays/articles in journals such as Heat, The Australian, Vogue and Art Monthly. Her curated exhibitions include The Carpentry of Speculative Things, 2012 and The Pharmacy of Love and Hate MCA 2013.
- Author(s)Prudence Gibson
- PublisherNewSouth Publishing
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationSydney, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintNewSouth Publishing
- Content Note50 illustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.98Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $36.45
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.08
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $94.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.