About this product
- DescriptionThis book is part of the perfect science fair idea books series Spectacular Science Projects . Janice VanCleave's Volcaes : Why do volcaes erupt? How do scientists predict volcaes? Where are most volcaes found? Janice VanCleave's Volcaes includes 20 fun and simple experiments that allow you to discover the answers to these and other fascinating questions about volcaes, plus dozens of additional suggestions for developing your own science fair projects. Learn about predicting volcanic eruptions with a simple experiment using a magnet, a nail, and a piece of cardboard. Explore the fiery unseen interior of a volca using a potato and a plastic soda bottle. Find out how lava forms into rocks using marbles in a box. All experiments use inexpensive household materials and involve a minimum of preparation and clean up. This title is suitable for children of ages 8-12. The following titles are also available in the Spectacular Science Projects Series : Janice VanCleave's Animals ; Janice VanCleave's Earthquakes ; Janice VanCleave's Electricity ; Janice VanCleave's Gravity ; Janice VanCleave's Machines ; Janice VanCleave's Magnets ; Janice VanCleave's Molecules ; Janice VanCleave's Microscopes and Magnifying Lenses ; and, Janice VanCleave's Weather .
- Author BiographyJANICE VANCLEAVE, the author of the popular Science for Every Kid series, is a former science teacher and a captivating presenter at museums, schools, and bookstores nationwide.
- Author(s)Janice VanCleave
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication02/03/1994
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleSpectacular Science Projects S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight182 g
- Width192 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.