Janson's Basic History of Western Art by Ann M. Roberts, David F. Simon, Joseph F. Jacobs, Penelope J. E. Davies, Frima Fox Hofrichter (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $349.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $196.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionA concise introduction to the Western tradition in art. Janson's Basic History of Art provides readers with a beautifully illustrated and masterfully concise introduction to the Western tradition of art history. The text centers discussions around the object, its manufacture, and its visual character. It considers the contribution of the artist as an important part of the analysis. This edition creates a narrative of how art has changed over time in the cultures that Europe has claimed as its patrimony and that Americans have claimed through their connection to Europe. Janson's Basic History of Western Art continues to maintain separate chapters on the Northern European Renaissance, the Italian Renaissance, and the High Renaissance, with stylistic divisions for key periods of the modern era. The 9th edition brings some exciting changes. For the first time, Janson's Basic History of Western Art comes with MyArtsLab, which provides students with an interactive learning experience. Also, the text incorporates new learning objectives, graphics, and maps throughout. In response to reviewer's requests, this new edition expands the coverage of Islamic art into its own chapter. MyArtsLab is an integral part of the Davies et al, program. Key learning applications include, Art 21 and Studio Technique videos, 360-degree architectural paramas and simulations and Closer Look tours. A better teaching and learning experience The teaching and learning experience with this program helps to: *Personalize Learning- MyArtsLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance. * mprove Critical Thinking - Points of Inquiry and Points of Reflection coordinated with learning objectives help students think critically about what they have read. *Engage Students- Updated images, MyArtsLab, and the clarity of the text provide a wonderful engaging student experience. *Support Instructors - Instructor resources are available in one convenient location. Figures, videos, and teacher support materials create a dynamic, engaging course. NOTE: MyArtsLab does t come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase the text with MyArtsLab , order the package ISBN: 0205925928 / 9780205925926 Janson's Basic History of Western Art Plus NEW MyArtsLab with eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of: 0205206565 / 9780205206568 NEW MyArtsLab with Pearson eText -- Valuepack Access Card 0205242634 / 9780205242634 Janson's Basic History of Western Art
- Author BiographyPenelope J. E. Davies is Associate Professor at the University of Texas, Austin. She is a scholar of Greek and Roman art and architecture as well as a field archaeologist. She is author of Death and the Emperor: Roman Imperial Funerary Monuments from Augustus to Marcus Aurelius, winner of the Vasari Award. Walter B. Denny is a Professor of Art History at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. In addition to exhibition catalogues, his publications include books on Ottoman Turkish carpets, textiles, and ceramics, and articles on miniature painting, architecture and architectural decoration. Frima Fox Hofrichter is Professor and former Chair of the History of Art and Design department at Pratt Institute. She is author of Judith Leyster, A Dutch Artist in Holland's Golden Age, which received CAA's Millard Meiss Publication Fund Award. Joseph Jacobs is an independent scholar, critic, and art historian of modern art in New York City. He was the curator of modern art at the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art in Sarasota, Florida, director of the Oklahoma City Art Museum, and curator of American art at The Newark Museum, Newark, New Jersey. David L. Simon is Jette Professor of Art at Colby College, where he received the Basset Teaching Award in 2005. Among his publications is the catalogue of Spanish and southern French Romanesque sculpture in the Metropolitan Museum of Art and The Cloisters. Ann M. Roberts, Professor of Art at Lake Forest College has published essays, articles and reviews on both Northern and Italian Renaissance topics. Her research focuses on women in the Renaissance, and her most recent publication is entitled Dominican Women and Renaissance Art:The Convent of San Domenico of Pisa. H. W. Janson was a legendary name in art history. During his long career as a teacher and scholar, he helped define the discipline through his impressive books and other publications. Anthony F. Janson forged a distinguished career as a professor, scholar, museum professional and writer. From the time of his father's death in 1982 until 2004, he authored History of Art.
- Author(s)Ann M. Roberts,David F. Simon,Frima Fox Hofrichter,Joseph F. Jacobs,Penelope J. E. Davies
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication02/01/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date20/05/2013
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1000 g
- Width229 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.