All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are t transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide. Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may t be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase. For Art History Survey courses This package includes MyArtsLab(r) Explore the reissued Janson and experience the history of art Janson s History of Art: The Western Tradition, Reissued Eighth Edition presents the same content as the text s Eighth Edition, published in 2010, w reimagined for digital learning via REVEL, and also available through the Pearson Custom Library. While remaining current with new discoveries and scholarship, the Reissued Eighth Edition maintains its focus on the object, its manufacture, and its visual character, and continues to consider the contribution of the artist as a key element of analysis. Throughout, the authors engage students by weaving a compelling narrative of how art has changed over time in the cultures that Europe has claimed as its heritage. Enhance learning with MyArtsLab MyArtsLab for the Art History Survey course extends learning online, engaging students and improving results. Media resources with assignments bring concepts to life, and offer students opportunities to practice applying what they ve learned. And Writing Space helps educators develop and assess concept mastery and critical thinking through writing, quickly and easily. Please te: this version of MyArtsLab does t include an eText. 013412720X / 9780134127200 Janson s History of Art: The Western Tradition, Reissued Eighth Edition, Combined Volume plus MyArtsLab for Art History Access Card Package, 8/e Package consists of: 0133878295 / 9780133878295 Janson s History of Art: The Western Tradition, Reissued Eighth Edition, Combined Volume 0133847896 / 9780133847895 MyArtsLab for Art History Valuepack Access Card Janson s History of Art: The Western Tradition, Reissued Eighth Edition is also available via REVEL, an immersive learning experience designed for the way today's students read, think, and learn. For enrollments of at least 25, the Pearson Custom Library allows you to create your own textbook by combining chapters from best-selling Pearson textbooks and by adding your own content, such as a guide to a local art museum, a map of monuments in your area, your syllabus, or a study guide you've created. Priced according to the number of chapters, a custom text may even save your students money.
- Author BiographyPenelope J. E. Davies is Associate Professor at the University of Texas, Austin. She is a scholar of Greek and Roman art and architecture as well as a field archaeologist. She is author of Death and the Emperor: Roman Imperial Funerary Monuments from Augustus to Marcus Aurelius, winner of the Vasari Award. Walter B. Denny is a Professor of Art History at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. In addition to exhibition catalogues, his publications include books on Ottoman Turkish carpets, textiles, and ceramics, and articles on miniature painting, architecture and architectural decoration. Frima Fox Hofrichter is Professor and former Chair of the History of Art and Design department at Pratt Institute. She is author of Judith Leyster, A Dutch Artist in Holland s Golden Age, which received CAA s Millard Meiss Publication Fund Award. Joseph Jacobs is an independent scholar, critic, and art historian of modern art in New York City. He was the curator of modern art at the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art in Sarasota, Florida, director of the Oklahoma City Art Museum, and curator of American art at The Newark Museum, Newark, New Jersey. David L. Simon is Jette Professor of Art at Colby College, where he received the Basset Teaching Award in 2005. Among his publications is the catalogue of Spanish and southern French Romanesque sculpture in the Metropolitan Museum of Art and The Cloisters. Ann M. Roberts, Professor of Art at Lake Forest College has published essays, articles and reviews on both Northern and Italian Renaissance topics. Her research focuses on women in the Renaissance, and her most recent publication is entitled Dominican Women and Renaissance Art: The Convent of San Domenico of Pisa. H. W. Janson was a legendary name in art history. During his long career as a teacher and scholar, he helped define the discipline through his impressive books and other publications. Anthony F. Janson forged a distinguished career as a professor, scholar, museum professional, and writer. From the time of his father s death in 1982 until 2004, he authored History of Art.
- Author(s)Ann S Roberts,Frima Fox Hofrichter,Joseph F Jacobs
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight4060 g
- Width224 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine64 mm
- Contained items statementContains Hardback
- Edition Statement8th
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.