Japan Encounters the Barbarian: Japanese Travellers in America and Europe by G. G. Gwilliam, W. G. Beasley (Hardback, 1995)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $73.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- Est. delivery by 21 Mar
- AU $47.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book a distinguished historian of Japan discusses Japan's cultural borrowing from America and Europe. W.G. Beasley focuses on the mid-nineteenth century, when Japan's rulers dispatched diplomatic missions to the West to discover what Japan needed to learn, sent students to learn it, and invited foreign experts to Japan to help put the kwledge to practical use.
- PrizesWinner of Japan Festival Awards 1996.
- Author(s)G. G. Gwilliam,W. G. Beasley
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/1995
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.