All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGain insight into both modern and Japanese styles with this stunning Japanese interior design book. Japan Living presents thirty exceptional houses that transcend function and resonate with spirit. Chosen for their inspiring and invative designs, these new Japanese homes are special places to dream in. The owners and architects, working as collaborative teams, have created homes that are quintessentially Japanese. Crisp, sharp, transparent and light these new designs represent a new burst in creativity over the past decade. Many reflect changes in the dynamics of Japanese society, while others represent self-expression and individuality. All of them are marked by a return to traditional Japanese materials and design elements married with such present-day requirements as flexibility, modern kitchens and bathrooms, energy efficiency and electronic gadgetry.
- Author BiographyGeeta K. Mehta teaches architecture and urban design at Columbia University in New York. A resident of Japan for 23 years, she is a partner in the firm of Braden and Mehta, and has designed projects in the USA, Japan, India, Vietnam, and Indonesia. Educated at the University of Tokyo, Columbia University, and SPA in Delhi, she is the co-author of several books, including Japan Style, Japan Houses, Japanese Gardens, and New Japan Architecture, all published by Tuttle Publishing. The photographs in Japan Living were specially taken by three talented photographers from Nacasa & Partners Inc. (www.nacasa.co.jp), Japan's foremost architectural photography studio established by Nakasa Takeshi in 1989. The studio's work is featured in the book Japan House (Tuttle Publishing) and international journals such as Interiors, Domus, Frame, Ambiente and Blue Print. Shigeta Satoshi, from Yokohama, graduated from the Tokyo Photographic Institute. Chiba-born Torimura Koichi is a graduate of Meiji University with an architectural degree. Yano Toshiyuki, a graduate of Kyorin University, was born in Kanagawa.
- Author(s)Marcia Iwatate
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Noteover 250 colour photos
- Weight1361 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.