Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $39.25Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 18 Dec
- AU $67.43+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA look into Japanese culture by season, both historical and modern, through images and quotations. Illustrations and photographs, each paired with an eloquent quotation, take the reader on a tour of the Land of the Rising Sun in Japan: Season by Season . The images include some of the earliest photographs taken in Japan, in addition to the work of contemporary photographers, plus traditional and modern prints and designs. The accompanying texts are taken from classic works like The Tale of Genji , as well as more modern literature, each one revealing a piece of wisdom from the East for each season of the year. Japan has held a certain fascination for many Westerners since its reopening by Commodore Matthew Perry in 1854. Thanks to two centuries of isolation, its classical traditions and customs survived industrialization and globalization, resulting in a unique blending of old and new. This book brings together the historical and the current in a broad portrait of Japanese heritage through the centuries.
- Author BiographySandrine Bailly received a Master's degree in Japanese studies from the School of African and Oriental Studies in London. She specializes in contemporary Japanese literature, with a concentration in the depiction of the body in works by female writers. She is also a publisher of fine arts books and the author of a novel, La Serre (Paris: Editions du Rouergue, 2004).
- Author(s)Sandrine Bailly
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2009
- ImprintHarry N. Abrams, Inc.
- Content Note250 full-colour & b&w images
- Weight1300 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.