All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionEvolving for centuries in relative isolation, sport in Japan developed a unique character reflective of Japanese culture and society. In recent decades, Japan's drive towards cultural and ecomic modernization has consciously incorporated a modernization of its sports cultures. Japan, Sport and Society provides insights into this process, revealing the tensions between continuity and change, tradition and modernity, the local and the global in a culture facing the new ecomic and political realities of our modern world. The book explores three broad areas of interest: * sport and modern society in Japan * current issues in social reconstruction and reproduction in sport * modernization, globalization and sport in Japan. Providing unprecedented access to new work from Japanese scholars, and raising key questions of globalization and cultural identity, this text represents a fascinating resource for students and researchers of sport and society.
- Author BiographyLoughborough University, UK Shimane University, Japan De Montfort University, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2005
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Series TitleSport in the Global Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note28 black & white illustrations, 8 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones, 15 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byJoseph Maguire,Masayoshi Nakayama
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.