All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJapan: the Land and People takes you on a whistlestop tour around this most incredible country. Explore its islands, mountains and volcaes, and meet some incredible wildlife along the way. Marvel at the sleek, shiny skyscrapers, the high-tech transport systems and the world-famous food, and delve into the country's rich history. Discover what it's like to grow up in Japan - school, family life, socializing and religion - and find out how life is in a society that has a futuristic outlook while houring its historic traditions. Learn about Japan's booming ecomy, fuelled by invative designs and cutting-edge techlogy. Amazing photographs transport you to the very heart of this unique, fascinating, visually-exciting country. Crammed full of facts, stats and incredible information - and much cheaper than a plane ticket - this is the perfect introduction to Japan!
- Author BiographySusie Brooks is an award-winning writer and editor of children's books. Writing on a wide range of subjects from dinosaurs to geography, she also masquerades as an artist (among other things, painting children's portraits and getting messy in classroom workshops!). In 2014, her Get into Art series won the English Association Picture Book Award, British Book Design and Production Award and the overall SLA Information Book Award. She can regularly be found walking people's dogs and in her spare time, loves to travel and explore new places!
- Author(s)Susie Brooks
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication23/06/2016
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleThe Land and the People
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight410 g
- Width218 mm
- Height268 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.