All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJapan: The Basics, is an engaging introduction to the culture, society and the global positioning of Japan. Taking a fresh look at stereotypes associated with Japan, it provides a well-rounded introduction to a constantly evolving country. It addresses such questions as: * How do we go about studying Japan? * What are the connections between popular culture and wider Japanese society? * How are core values about identity formed and what are their implications? * How does Japan react to natural and manmade disasters? * How does nature influence Japanese attitudes to the environment? With exercises and discussion points throughout and suggestions for further reading, Japan: The Basics is an ideal starting point for all those studying Japan in its global, cultural context.
- Author BiographyChristopher P. Hood is a reader in Japanese Studies at Cardiff University, UK. He is the author of Dealing with Disaster in Japan: Reponses to the flight JL123 Crash (2011) and Shinkansen: From Bullet Train to Symbol of Modern Japan (2006), also published by Routledge.
- Author(s)Christopher P. Hood
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/11/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleThe Basics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables
- Weight248 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.