All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
- AU $23.08Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology is intended to supplement courses in which Japanese aesthetics and culture are taught. The essays assume little background kwledge; they do represent seminal thought in literary, cultural, and aesthetic criticism, and are well kwn to scholars for their clarity and straightforward exposition, making them especially useful to the Westerner who does t speak Japanese. Some of the essays provide a general introduction to the basic theories of Japanese aesthetics, others deal with poetry and theater, and a third group discusses cultural phemena directly related to classic Japanese literature. The text includes tes on historical periods and language, a glossary of the most significant literary and aesthetic vocabulary, and an extensive, antated bibliography that guides the reader to primary materials, critical studies, general histories, anthologies, encyclopedias, and lists of films and audio-visual materials.
- Author BiographyNancy G. Hume is Associate Professor of English at Essex Community College, Baltimore, Maryland.
- PublisherState University of New York Press
- Date of Publication01/07/1995
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Series TitleSUNY Series in Asian Studies Development
- Place of PublicationAlbany, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintState University of New York Press
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byNancy G. Hume
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.