All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJapanese Animation: East Asian Perspectives makes available for the first time to English readership a selection of viewpoints from media practitioners, designers, educators, and scholars working in the East Asian Pacific. This collection t only engages a multidisciplinary approach in understanding the subject of Japanese animation but also shows ways to research, teach, and more fully explore this multidimensional world. Presented in six sections, the translated essays cross-reference each other. The collection adopts a wide range of critical, historical, practical, and experimental approaches. This variety provides a creative and fascinating edge for both specialist and nspecialist readers. Contributors' works share a common relevance, interest, and involvement despite their regional considerations and the different modes of analysis demonstrated. They form a composite of teaching and research ideas on Japanese animation.
- Author BiographyMasao Yokota, Tokyo, Japan, is professor of psychology at Nihon University and former chair of the Japan Society for Animation Studies.|Tze-yue G. Hu, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, is an independent scholar and author of Frames of Anime: Culture and Image-Building.
- PublisherUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Date of Publication30/07/2013
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJackson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Content Note30|30 black & white line illustrations
- Weight649 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byMasao Yokota,Tze-yue G. Hu
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.