All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile visiting Japan, animation writer Chris Robinson gets lost. As he drifts through Tokyo, Hiroshima, and Kyoto he happens upon a number of mysterious figures including Bob Dylan, Haruki Murakami, Sumo wrestlers, Big Bird and, by good chance, many famous Japanese animators-both living and dead. Each of these characters takes Robinson into a deep, dark, mysterious world of Japanese animation that does t include Godzilla, Akira, Anime, Manga, or Hasao Miyazaki. This inventive and unusual study rewrites the history of Japanese animation looking at the work of Atsushi Wada, Taku Furukawa, Renzo and Sayoko Kishita, Maya Yonesho, and many more.
- Author BiographyChris Robinson is a Canadian writer, journalist, and biographer. He is author of Estonian Animation, Unsung Heroes of Animation, The Animation Pimp, Canadian Animation, and Ballad of a Thin Man.
- Author(s)Chris Robinson
- PublisherJohn Libbey & Co
- Date of Publication12/11/2010
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationEastleigh
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintJohn Libbey & Co Ltd
- Content Note70 color illus., 21 b&w illus.
- Weight431 g
- Width155 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.