All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuiseki - small, naturally formed stones selected for their shape, balance, simplicity and tranquility - were first admired in China some two thousand years ago. Since the sixth century, the art of suiseki has been adapted and refined in Japan, where today stones of great beauty are set on stands to suggest objects closely associated with nature, such as distant mountains, soaring cliffs, islands, caves, and country cottages. This concise introduction offers aesthetic guidance and direct practical advice to suiseki collectors and would-be collectors alike. It details the essential characteristics of a high-quality suiseki, describing the various systems of stone classification and showing how to display a suiseki to its best advantage. There is also a section on incorporating suiseki with bonsai, the most popular and rewarding complement to a peaceful suiseki landscape.
- Author BiographyVincent T. Covello has studied the art of suiseki for over twelve years and has lectured extensively on the topic. Yuji Yoshimura is one of the world's leading experts on bonsai, Japanese horticulture and miniature landscapes. He has lectured throughout the world and has published numerous books and articles on bonsai in both Japanese and English.
- Author(s)Vincent T. Covello,Yuji Yoshimura
- PublisherTuttle Shokai Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2009
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationKanagawa
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintTuttle Shokai Inc
- Content Note69 full-colour plates; 81 black and white photos; 15 line drawings; 1 map
- Weight177 g
- Width130 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.