All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor the art enthusiast, the doll collector, as well as the casual reader, the world of Japanese dolls is a fascinating one to explore. For many centuries Japanese doll artisans created spectacular works of art, invested with both significant cultural meaning and elemental beauty. The focus of this book is on collecting: What types of ningyo are available for the collector of today? What are some of the features and characteristics which will help collectors identify the ningyo they find and evaluate them? Who were some of the earliest collectors in Japan, Europe, and the United States? and, How do we preserve and care for these invaluable artifacts from Japan's past?
- Author BiographyAlan Scott Pate was born in Florida and studied in France, Korea, and the United States. He has an MA in East Asian Studies from Harvard University. He is the owner of Akanezumiya in St Ignatius, Montana, which specializes in religious and figural art of Japan from the Edo period and earlier. The leading expert on Japanese dolls in the US, he has curated exhibitions, lectured extensively on Japanese dolls, and published widely in journals focusing on Japanese antiques. He is the author Ningyo: The Art of the Japanese Doll.
- Author(s)Alan Pate
- PublisherTuttle Shokai Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2008
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationKanagawa
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintTuttle Shokai Inc
- Content Note400 full-colour and archival Photographs
- Weight1574 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.