All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe exhibition opened in Tokyo on 28 December 2004 in the Nihonbashi Mitsukoshi Department Store. It then travelled to venues in Hiroshima, Fukuoka, Kagoshima, Sapporo, Kyoto and Takamatsu. Altogether, the exhibition attracted over 105,000 visitors in Japan. In October 2005 the exhibition travelled to Korea where it was shown in the Chojun Textile and Quilt Museum, and Sookmyung Women's University Museum in Seoul. Eileen has travelled to Japan at various times in Summer, Autumn and Spring. The flowers in many temple and public gardens make a stunning display, and she especially loved the Meiji Jingu Iris Garden. These flowers were the inspiration for her quilt. The brilliant colours of the Japanese maples in Autumn overshadowed the softer tones of some of the Summer and Spring flowers so the maple leaves are quilted in gold around the border. Eileen has captured the wonderful colours of Japan in this quilt. Easy to follow instructions have been provided so that the reader can create their own beautiful quilt. However, if one would like to make a single panel of flowers into a quilt or for use on ather piece, it can be easily done, with each pattern standing alone.
- Author BiographyEileen Campbell worked as a primary school teacher for a total of 22 years. She has an interest and expertise in many crafts including weaving and related textile arts, fabric printing, bookbinding, calligraphy and photography. She began patchwork and quilting in 1984 and since 1993 has been working as a textile artist giving workshops and lectures both in Australia and overseas. Eileen specialises in machine work using applique, embroidery and quilting techniques. Her designs usually incorporate flora and fauna whether from nature or imagination. Her work is often embellished with beads, braids, etc. and machine quilted.
- Author(s)Eileen Campbell
- PublisherSally Milner Publishing Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication12/07/2010
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationBinda
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintSally Milner Publishing Pty Ltd
- Content Notecolour illus
- Weight318 g
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.