All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe unique beauty of the Japanese garden stems from its spirituality and rich symbolism, yet most discussions on this kind of garden rarely provide more than a superficial overview. This book takes a thorough look at the process of designing a Japanese garden, placing it in a historical and philosophical context. Goto and Naka, both academic experts in Japanese garden history and design, explore: * The themes and usage of the Japanese garden * Common garden types such as tea and Zen gardens * Key maintenance techniques and issues. Featuring beautiful, full-colour images and a glossary of essential Japanese terms, this book will dramatically transform your understanding of the Japanese garden as a cultural treasure.
- Author BiographySeiko Goto is a Professor at the School of Environmental Science, Nagasaki University, Japan, where her teaching covers Japanese gardens. She has also published extensively on the subject. Takahiro Naka is a Professor at Kyoto University of Art and Design, Japan, Department of Landscape Architecture and has published books on Kyoto gardens, as well as articles on Japanese garden design and history.
- Author(s)Naka Takahiro,Seiko Goto
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 77 black & white halftones, 74 colour illustrations, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight474 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.