All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe sophisticated cuisine of Japan made easy for the home kitchen. In Japanese Home Cooking, the techniques and ingredients of Japanese cuisine are explained clearly, thanks in great part to the many step-by-step photos. It omits thing, from cooking rice to dressing a Japanese table. The book is the ideal guide for cooks new to Japanese cuisine, as well as those with experience. Features include: * Japan's approach to food; * Step-by-step photographs for all recipes that require more than the most basic skills; * Final dish presentation; * Technique and important detail, such as slicing fish and vegetables in the traditional Japanese manner; * Dashi stock base, symbol of Japanese cooking; * Notes on the history of Japanese regional cooking and the influence of foreigners; * The Japanese table. Japanese Home Cooking has six sections with more than 90 recipes plus variations for everyday dishes and for gourmet cuisine for special occasions. Examples of the recipes are: * Starters: Cucumber and wakame Sumo; Prawns with pickled egg and kimi-zu; * Bowls and Soups: Red miso soup with clams asa ri; Clear soup dumpling and crab wakame; * Vegetables and Tofu: Pumpkin in chicken broth soboro; Seaweed hijiki; Sweet daikon with miso; * Fried and Grilled: Teriyaki salmon; Breaded shrimp tonkatsu; Tamago-yaki omelette; * Rice and Noodles: Rice with five flavours; Asa-zuke of cabbage, cucumber, carrots and Brussels sprouts; Yakisoba fried odles; * Sweets: Soy milk creme caramel; Hortensia cake; Ukishima (floating island). For hard-to-find ingredients, the book includes is a resource section and tips on generally available substitutions.
- Author BiographyBorn in Japan, Chihiro Masui is the author of more than 20 cookbooks published in Japan and France. Hanae Kaede has worked as a pastry chef in Michelin-starred restaurants. She returned to Japan to obtain a diploma in Japanese cuisine. Annabelle Schachmes is a food journalist for the French daily newspaper France Soir. As a photographer, she has worked for various culinary publications and chefs' books.
- Author(s)Chihiro Masui,Hanae Kaede
- PublisherFirefly Books Ltd
- Date of Publication21/12/2015
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFirefly Books Ltd
- Content NoteFull colour thoughout
- Weight1338 g
- Width216 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Photographs byAnnabelle Schachmes
- Format DetailsCloth over boards,Sewn
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.