All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith extensive, step-by-step photographs and instructions, this jiu-jitsu guide is an effective tool for mastering this ancient martial art. The original Japanese martial art developed by the elite samurai class during Japan's feudal era, Jiu-jitsu is the forerunner of Judo and the precursor of today's ultimate fighting styles, such as mixed martial arts (MMA). For centuries, this method of unarmed self-defense proved so successful in combat that it was kept secret and taught only to a select few. Based on the author's study with instructors at the Tokyo police academy, this book presents all the traditional techniques of Jujitsu, also kwn as Jiu-jitsu. These techniques teach you valuable restraining methods that force your opponent to submit without abuse by using pressure points. It shows you tips for search and seizure, and the almost extinct art of Hojojutsu how to tie people up without using any kts. Japanese Jiu-jitsu: Secret Techniques of Self-Defense addresses and demonstrates the full range of Kaisho Goshin Budo Taiho Jitsu Ryu (Tokyo police self-defense). Learn specific techniques such as:
- The use of hands
- Throwing an opponent
- Attacking vital points with strikes and kicks
- The use of weapons (like the staff).Designed as a training manual, this fascinating Jiujitsu book also serves as a remarkable illustrated guide to the secret art of Japanese samurai self-defense.
- Author BiographyDarrell Max Craig received his initiation into the martial arts in 1956 while stationed in Japan. In 1968, he became the Texas Open Karate Champion. The same year he was ranked 4th in the US in Okinawan weapons. In 1971, he started studying the art of Kendo and has participated in five World Kendo Championships. In 1985 he was a member of the US World team in Paris, France. He has choreographed martial arts scenes for a number of feature films and is the author of 7 books, including IAI: The Art of Drawing the Sword. He has been involved with numerous S.W.A.T. teams both federal and state as their self-defense mentor. He holds the following ranks in budo: 7th Dan Kyoshi, Shihan Kendo & Junse Jujitsu6th Dan Kyoshi Karate & Iaido, Mugai Ryu5th Dan Kyoshi Kobudo, Seishin Kai (Okinawan weaponry)4th Dan Kodokan Judo & Japanese Police AikidoSensei Craig lives in Houston, Texas where he established the Houston Budokan, Inc. (www.houstonbudo.com) as a center for the study of Japanese martial arts. He retired from competition in 1986, but continues to coach and teach at his dojo.
- Author(s)Darrell Craig
- PublisherTuttle Shokai Inc
- Date of Publication17/02/2015
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationKanagawa
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintTuttle Shokai Inc
- Content Note350 black and white illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.