All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $50.01Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
About this product
- DescriptionIn a world thought to have been created - and nearly destroyed - by the primordial gods Izanagi and Izanami, mythic heroes battled ferocious dragons and giant spiders, while ordinary bamboo cutters and farmers made unexpected contact with the supernatural. Japanese Mythology A to Z, Second Edition is a valuable, colorful reference for anyone with an interest in mythology or Japanese culture. Coverage of this title includes: the early Japanese deities who created the world and the later deities who protect it; Kami, the spirits of all aspects of the living world; animals and mythological creatures; demons and bogeymen; shrines and other sacred places; stories from Kojiki and other historical records of ancient myths; historical emperors, empresses, heroes, and heroines whose deeds live on in legend; and, more.
- Author BiographyJeremy Roberts has published nearly two dozen books for young readers. His recent books include biographies of King Arthur and Joan of Arc. He has studied mythology for more than a decade, and two of his novels for adults, Coyote Bird and War Breaker, make extensive use of motifs from Asian mythology.
- Author(s)Jeremy Roberts
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication15/11/2009
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Literature, Arts & Humanities
- Series TitleMythology A to Z
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Notefull-colour photographs & illustrations, maps, bibliography, cross-references, index
- Weight748 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.