CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionA Japanese Touch for Your Garden is a concise introduction to the practical aspects of making a Japanese garden. Whether a sprawling garden, office courtyard or a city patio, this book includes hundreds of creative but classic ways to make maximum use of the space. Readers will learn how to lay stones and pathways; how to create intriguing sand patterns like the ones in Zen temple gardens; and, they will learn about Japanese lanterns, miniature pagodas, water basins, gates and walls, and will be shown step by step how to make a bamboo lattice fence.Notes on the care of bamboo, moss and grass are provided, as are names of western plants and trees that can be substituted for conventional Japanese varieties. Schematic layout plans, detailed how-to explanations, and over 150 colour photographs of Japanese gardens old and new give ideas for endless variations. Thoroughly up-to-date in its approach and based on the principle that a garden must satisfy the gardener, t a set of inflexible guidelines, this book encourages the reader to choose freely from the wide range of traditional Japanese design elements that suit individual needs and tastes.Whether living in the country, city, or somewhere in between, the reader will discover numerous ways to transform any space into an intimate, tranquil oasis, one that will reward the planning and work with a rich and ever-changing beauty. This is a revised & expanded edition of the bestselling title on Japanese gardens from Kodansha International - over 130,000 copies sold! It features 150 all-new photographs from the lens of ted photographer, Sadao Hibi. The book explains and illustrates the fundamental principles of the 1,000-year-old landscape design tradition in the Japanese garden, and all the basic components: stepping & paving stones, stone lanterns, signs, statues, streams, waterfalls & ponds, bamboo fences, gates and walls.
- Author BiographyKiyoshi Seike (1918-2005): One of the most original and thoughtful residential designers in Japan. He was prolific with both private residential and large-scale commercial and public work. Masanobu Kudo (1924-1996): An expert on flowers, trees and plants, he made contributions to numerous publications on flower arranging and Japanese gardens. He edited Sakutei no Jiten (Encyclopedia of Garden Making) with Kiyoshi Seike. David H. Engel: A prominent American landscape architect and site planner. Sadao Hibi: A renowned photographer specialising the traditional Japanese architecture and gardens.
- Author(s)David H. Engel,Kiyoshi Seike,Masanobu Kudo
- PublisherKodansha America, Inc
- Date of Publication27/08/2008
- Place of PublicationTokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintKodansha International Ltd
- Content Note1
- Weight909 g
- Width235 mm
- Height311 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Photographs bySadao Hibi
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.