Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.00+ AU $8.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by parisatokyo
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $70.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published in 1990, this acclaimed language-instruction text is recognized as one of the most user-friendly and effective programs available both for classroom use and self-study. Based on a notional-functional approach, which emphasizes the social purpose of language, Japanese forEveryone takes the absolute beginning student to a level where he or she can communicate well in everyday situations. Because the world has seen such dramatic changes since the books publication, Japanese for Everyone has been revised and updated to reflect the way we live today, including references to currency, prices and technology, maps colloquialisms and slang. The course is divided into twenty-seven lessons, with each lesson consisting of dialogues and expressions in Japanese, together with useful cultural information enabling students to use the language as a native speaker would in a variety of real-life situations. Since the meaning and use of language in communication is the main focus, full attention is given to grammar and structure practice to hone the students ability to apply new material. Moreover, ample opportunities for written and oral practice are built into every lesson. Each lesson begins with a chapter from a continuing story, followed by functional explanations and exercises which encourage the learner to take an active part in the lessons. Equal importance is given to the development of oral and written skills; and limited use of romaji helps the student learn hiragana and katakana faster.
- Author BiographySUSUMU NAGARA received his undergraduate and graduate degrees from Hiroshima University. He was awarded a Ph.D. in Linguistics from the University of Wisconsin and went on to teach Japanese and Linguistics at the University of Michigan and Middlebury College. He is currently Professor Emeritus at the University of Michigan and Chairman of the Department of Japanese Language and Studies in the Faculty of Comparative Culture at Sophia University in Tokyo.
- Author(s)Susumu Nagara
- PublisherJapan Publications Trading Co
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationTokyo
- Country of PublicationJapan
- ImprintJapan Publications Trading Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Weight798 g
- Width183 mm
- Height256 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.83
- AU $21.83Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $21.54
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.