Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.74+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRewned as a centre of ship-building and steel-working in the early twentieth century, the town of Jarrow, on the river Tyne, has seen a huge amount of change over the course of the last 100 years. Today, the famous shipyards of Jarrow are silent, yet it is difficult to imagine that they ever existed. The town continues to thrive, and new buildings constantly appear, from the bustling modern town centre to the quiet garden suburb of Primrose Hill. An intriguing insight into days gone by, local historian and photographer Paul Perry illustrates the changes that have been wrought upon the town through a selection of captivating images from his archive alongside full-colour modern photographs of the same scene today. Not only do we see these differences in the streets and buildings but also in the people and the way they work and live.
- Author BiographyPaul Perry was born and raised in Jarrow, where he pursued a career in photography. After learning his profession, he operated from a studio in the town, and it was here Paul was introduced to the delights of local history. In 1966 he began amassing a collection of images of his hometown and surrounding area, which is now in excess of 30,000. Paul has written a number of local history books over the last twenty years.
- Author(s)Paul Perry
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight320 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.31New
- AU $32.62New
- AU $20.06New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.93New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.19New
- AU $21.90New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $16.56Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $78.34Trending at AU $90.91
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $21.39Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $20.19Trending at AU $30.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.