All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the Words of Good Living, the holy text by which Amian disciples live their lives, Owndiah promises each of his followers a peace that surpasseth all human understanding. And when Brine the disciple leaves his homeland and travels to the desert monastery of Valley Rock to serve Owndiah and to walk in the footsteps of Amontus, he thinks he will obtain this peace. He is wrong-Dead wrong. It is only after ten years of trying-and all but giving up on the ineffable goal-that God decides to call. It happens as Brine is reading a mysterious letter from his homeland, feeling the presence of God envelop him so sweetly, so utterly, that there is other way to interpret the sensation. Owndiah wants Brine to go home, wants him back in the Kingdom of Jashandar. Could the peace that surpasseth all human understanding be there? Jaysh the woodsman-ardent recluse and current subject in the Kingdom of Jashandar-would have to say yes. For even though Jaysh kws thing about monasteries or prophets or powerful feelings from his dreams, he kws a lot about peace. He kws it comes from living in the hills and valleys of the kingdom and from spending time with a scroungy, little cat-like creature named Zeph. Or at least he used to kw this. Here of late, Jaysh's life has been less than peaceful. Ever since the Kingdom of Jashandar began to wake, tranquility is hard to come by. There are disfigured animals, defiled rivers, that large and voiceless creature peeking at him from the bushes... Jashandar is a mess.
- Author BiographyL.S. Kyles lives in the North Central Midwest with his wife and children. He is approaching middle age and enjoys jogging and gardening and reading as much fantasy and horror as is humanly possible. With experience in public education and community counseling, the author thoroughly enjoys all religious and existential issues related to achieving peace and harmony in the human condition. If you would like to contact the author, you may do so at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Author(s)L S Kyles
- Date of Publication26/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight549 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $22.01Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.