All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $48.46Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the third installment in Caroline Adderson's well-reviewed, illustrated chapter book series about the adventures of the enthusiastic and extremely likable --- and poetically named --- Jasper John Dooley. Here, poor Jasper struggles to deal with the excessive attentions of his classmate Isabel, who just won't leave him alone. In the schoolyard, she badgers him and his friends Ori and Leon to play babies. In the classroom, she forces him to be her reading buddy. And, worst of all, after school, she invites him over for a playdate! When Jasper complains to his parents that he's too sick to go to her house, his dad says he must have a case of ?girl-itis.? However, once he arrives, Jasper is thrilled to discover Isabel has a trampoline, where he gets a ?flip-floppy feeling? that is better than anything else in the world. Can Jasper find a way to keep using her trampoline and get her to stop being in love with him?<br/><br/>This truly relatable story handles with deftness and humor the concerns and confusion elementary school children face as they try to navigate their everyday social world, particularly the issues surrounding the emerging differences between boys and girls of this age and where the lines are beginning to get drawn for their interactions with each other. It is sure to keep early readers engaged. Featuring a boy's point of view broadens the appeal. Line illustrations by Ben Clanton add depth and wit to the charming story.
- Author BiographyCaroline Adderson lives in Vancouver, British Columbia, with her husband, her dog and the son who lied to her when he said he would always be seven.Ben Clanton is an up-and-coming author-illustrator from Seattle who describes himself as a ?story scribbler, picture squiggler, book aficionado, child advocate, dragon tamer and avid sock wearer.? Vote for Me! is the first book he has both written and illustrated.
- Author(s)Caroline Adderson
- PublisherKids Can Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleJasper John Dooley
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintKids Can Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ben Clanton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.