All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBorn in London, 1959, Jasper Morrison is a British designer rewned for injecting a quietly humorous style into his designs which range from chairs, tables and lamps to the more challenging tram that he designed for the city of Haver. After graduating in Design at Kingston Polytechnic and the Royal College of Art, Morrison opened his office in London where he reworked the 'anymous' object with the intention of playing with the rules of 'form'. Even in the early stages of his career Morrison followed his decision to design for industrial production and was keen to utilise ready-made industrial components. His constant enhusiasm to embark on collaborations with fellow designers has allowed him to commission many products from them, being allowed by his clients to experiment with many differing materials and techlogies. Rather than striving for the excess that upsets most contemporary design, Morrison suggests the concept of the super rmal which is clearly visible in the profuse theoretical production that is embodied by his work. Published in the same style as the successful 'Minimum Architects' series, the 'Minimum Design' series includes books about the major figures in the field of design, creators of objects that have become a part of our daily lives. The lamp on our desk, the chair we are sitting on or the glasses we are wearing have a genius behind them to be discovered. These volumes introduce in a practical manner the personalities and the works of the world's major designers by way of an historical-critical introduction to the work and life of each individual designer. An accurate selection of the designer's most famous objects arranged in chrological order and a critique of his or her work summarising the most significant reviews published in magazines and newspapers completes the subject.
- Author BiographyGabriele Neri earned a degree at the Milan Polytechnic and is now a Ph.D. student in the History of Architecture and Urban Studies. His essays have been published in many monographs and journals, both Italian and international, that specialise in these fields. He has taught and lectured in Italian universities, and has also curated sections of major exhibitions both in Italy and abroad.
- Author(s)Gabriele Neri
- Publisher24 ORE Cultura s.r.l
- Date of Publication15/08/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Imprint24 ORE Cultura s.r.l
- Content Note100 Colour
- Weight1098 g
- Width235 mm
- Height315 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.