All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJatakamala is a famous work in both Buddhist and Sanskrit literature. It recounts 34 stories of the Buddha's previous births, and his virtuous deeds in those incarnations.
- Author BiographyAditya Narayan Dhairyasheel Haksar was born in Gwalior and educated at the Doon School and the universities of Allahabad and Oxford. A well-known translator of Sanskrit classics, he has had a distinguished career as a diplomat, serving as Indian high commissioner to Kenya and the Seychelles, minister to the United States, and ambassador to Portugal and Yugoslavia. His translations from the Sanskrit include Subhashitavali, Kama Sutra, Three Satires from Ancient Kashmir, The Courtesan's Keeper and The Seduction of Shiva, all published as Penguin Classics. Some other books are Shuka Saptati (Rupa & Co.) and Madhav & Kama (Roli Books). He has also edited Glimpses of Sanskrit Literature and compiled A Treasury of Sanskrit Poetry for the Indian Council for Cultural Relations.
- Author(s)A. N. D. Haksar
- PublisherHarperCollins India
- Date of Publication30/07/2004
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationNew Dehli
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintHarperCollins India
- Weight225 g
- Width127 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.