All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJavaTech is a practical introduction to the Java programming language with an emphasis on the features that benefit technical computing. After presenting the basics of object-oriented programming in Java, it examines introductory topics such as graphical interfaces and thread processes. It goes on to review network programming and develops Web client-server examples for tasks such as monitoring remote devices. The focus then shifts to distributed computing with RMI. Finally, it examines how Java programs can access the local platform and interact with hardware. Topics include combining native code with Java, communication via serial lines, and programming embedded processors. An extensive web site supports the book with additional instructional materials. JavaTech demonstrates the ease with which Java can be used to create powerful network applications and distributed computing applications. It will be used as a textbook for programming courses, and by researchers who need to learn Java for a particular task.
- Author BiographyClark S. Lindsey runs his own company that develops Java applications, Web publications, and educational tools and materials. Johnny S. Tolliver develops robust Web services software and GPS applications at Oak Ridge National Laboratory. He is a Sun Certified Java Programmer. Thomas Lindblad is a professor at the Department of Physics at the Royal Institute of Technology, where he researches techniques in data analysis in high data rate systems.
- Author(s)Clark S. Lindsey,Johnny S. Tolliver,Thomas Lindblad
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/06/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note21 tables
- Weight1290 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.