All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1920s Boston, famed Harvard archaeologist and adventurer Clifton Jennings has a secret sideline as a hunter of the supernatural and protector against unearthly threats. In The Flowers of San Pedro, when a fellow Secret Society member and colleague goes missing in Arizona, Jennings and his unlikely partner, Ace Mifflin, private eye, head out to find what became of him. With flapper Veronica Stone and botanist G.E. McMullin joining them, they soon encounter hostility from the locals and an apparent connection between the colleague's disappearance and the flowers that McMullin has been studying. What exactly are their strange powers, and are they worth killing for? In our second story, A Stranger in Bryn Mawr, while Jennings and Ace Mifflin settle their differences in a heated baseball game, young genius Nora Carlisle uncovers a mystery of her own at college. A rash of thefts and a mysterious figure go from merely baffling to outright dangerous. Why is Nora's friend Amy in the middle of it all? Chronicles, Volume Two continues the exploits of Jennings and Ace and their group of adventurers as they battle forces both human and t. This two-volume set reprints the entire original print run of Jazz Age Chronicles from the late 1980s and early '90s. This second volume has The Flowers of San Pedro, A Stranger in Bryn Mawr and a few extras. REVIEWS .. .a very good period private-eye story... an excellent mixture of the realistic and the fantastic... pick up a copy. Grade: A. -----Don Thompson, Comics Buyer's Guide Jazz Age Chronicles is an extremely well-crafted detective series.... Jazz Age Chronicles' creator, Ted Slampyak, has filled his comic with references to the era. That's the sort of touch that I appreciate...----Cliff Biggers, Comic Shop News [Ted Slampyak's] backgrounds give a strong feeling of credibility to the plot. I really feel like the characters are in a city that exists. The story comes alive because of it.... ----Gene Colan, Hall-of-Fame artist, Daredevil, Tomb of Dracula, Nathaniel Dusk.
- Author BiographyTed Slampyak was born in Philadelphia and is a graduate of Temple University's Tyler School of Art. He is the creator of Jazz Age Chronicles, which was originally released in comic format before continuing as a webcomic. Until the summer of 2010, Ted was the long time artist on the syndicated comic strip of Little Orphan Annie. He has also worked on Neil Gaiman's Mr. Hero from Tekno Comix and contributed to Paradox Press The Big Book of... titles and created comics featuring his libertarian heroine Suzi Romaine. His work has been nominated for an Ignatz Award, and he has been the recipient of a local Addy Award by the American Advertising Federation.
- Author(s)Ted Slampyak
- PublisherCaliber Comics
- Date of Publication14/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGraphic Novels: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCaliber Comics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.07New
- AU $21.61New
- AU $43.96New
- AU $25.09New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $16.42
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.32
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.98
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.89
- AU $22.30Trending at AU $22.95
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.