Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionEver since its first flowering in the 1920s, jazz has had a powerful influence on American poetry, and this anthology offers a treasury of poems as varied and vital as the music that inspired them. From the Harlem Renaissance to the Beat Movement, from the poets of the New York School to the contemporary poetry scene, the jazz aesthetic has been a compelling literary force. We hear it the poems of Langston Hughes, e.e. cummings, William Carlos Williams, Frank O'Hara and Gwendolyn Brooks, and in those of Yusef Komunyaka, Charles Simic, Rita Dove, Ntozake Shange, Mark Doty and C.D. Wright. Here are poems that pay tribute to jazz's great voices, and also poems that themselves throb with the vivid rhythm and energy of the jazz tradition, ranging in tone from mournful elegy to sheer celebration.
- Author BiographyLucy Young has a Cordon Bleu training and has worked with Mary Berry for 14 years, helping to produce Mary's recipe books and teaching at her very popular Aga workshops. She was the home economist on Mary Berry's two most recent television series. She has often been heard on BBC radio, talking about her work with Mary Berry.
- Author(s)Kevin Young
- Date of Publication02/03/2006
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleEveryman's Library Pocket Poets S.
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman's Library
- Weight234 g
- Width20 mm
- Height164 mm
- Spine111 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.