Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $98.03Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican popular music reflects a rich cultural diversity. From Aaron Copland to Miles Davis to Elvis Presley to Muddy Waters, the United States has produced some of the most influential and beloved musicians and performers of the 20th century. The blues, jazz, and rock and roll - musical genres loved around the world - were born here, and American composers, producers, singers, and songwriters have crafted a unique heritage in other genres such as classical and folk. American Popular Music , a new eight-volume set, celebrates American music by presenting a wealth of information on seven major musical branches. Each comprehensive book provides the perfect, one-stop starting point for research in each musical field. Between 300 and 500 entries in each volume cover key personalities, landmark performances and recordings, hit songs and experimental compositions, important publications, musical instruments, styles of music, social and historical issues, organizations and schools, record companies, and much more. Together, the volumes comprise a paramic depiction of American music and the influential threads that weave among the different musical genres. Written by experts for students and enthusiasts, American Popular Music is an essential resource for the study and appreciation of American music. A seven-member editorial board of expert advisers includes top academics who are also performing musicians, producers, and songwriters, including a Grammy minee and an internationally recognized composer. Each book includes 40 to 60 photographs, a glossary, a discography of recommended listening, a chrology, and an index. The eighth volume, included for free with the purchase of the complete seven-volume set, is a comprehensive index that allows readers to easily locate musical terms, musicians, songs, and more throughout the entire set, American Popular Music is a must-have resource t only for students researching music but also for those interested in social movements, cultural history, geography, techlogy, the growth of broadcast and recorded media, ethgraphy and anthropology, and many other topics.
- Author(s)Thom Holmes
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2005
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleAmerican Popular Music S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFacts On File Inc
- Content Note40-60 b/w photographs
- Weight862 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byRichard Carlin
- Foreword byWilliam Duckworth
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.