All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere's an exciting mystery with a twist. It features a stay-at-home mom who reinvents herself as a savvy sleuth. Alison Ross has chosen to temporarily abandon her demanding career as a lawyer so she can spend more time at home with her two young children. She'd like to find a part-time job, but because the law is a jealous mistress, requiring a full-time commitment, her search for part-time work has led where. Early one morning, Alison stumbles across a dead body at her daughter's nursery school. Because she saw the school janitor making a hasty exit, she reluctantly becomes enmeshed in the police investigation. When the police charge the janitor with the murder, Alison has doubts about his guilt and decides to find out what really happened. Could this be the part-time job she's been trying to find? Pursuing the real killer while she juggles life at home with her husband and kids, Alison uncovers a host of shocking secrets in the quiet suburb of East Winnette.
- Author BiographySusan Alexander spent part of her life as a stay-at-home mom, constantly in pursuit of the elusive part-time job. Thanks to her law degree from Harvard, she was often able to find part-time work, allowing her to keep in touch with the working world while she spent most of her time with her young children. Susan has worked as a lawyer in the public interest and has served as a federal judge's law clerk, an arbitrator, a law school professor, and a consultant on legal writing. She also spent several less than exhilarating years working at three Chicago law firms. A writer since childhood, Susan now focuses primarily on writing. Her writing has appeared in a wide array of publications, including the San Francisco Chronicle, the Chicago Tribune, the Chicago Sun-Times, The San Francisco Daily Journal, the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, and a host of other professional and mainstream publications. She was the first editor of The Almanac of the Federal Judiciary, and her short story Neglect was a winner in Chicago Lawyer magazine's first annual fiction competition. Susan lives in San Francisco. Her first novel, A Quicker Blood, was published in 2009. Please see the listing for A Quicker Blood, including many 5-star customer reviews, on Amazon.com.
- Author(s)Susan Alexander
- Date of Publication24/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $52.06Trending at AU $61.25
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.