All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJean Pucelle (fl. ca. 1319-d. 1334) was one of the most prominent artists of the first half of the fourteenth century, an influential illuminator who worked closely with a number of collaborators both kwn and anymous. A large number of lavishly-illuminated manuscripts have been attributed to him based on stylistic analysis.Scholarly essays in this book explore issues crucial to the establishment of his distinctinve style: originality, technique, color palette, influence, levels of resemblance, the relationships between artistic media, and patronage. The contributors to this volume analyze the major works associated with Pucelle or the Pucellian style, and interpret pictorial elements in the tradition of artistic collaboration. This is the first collective work devoted entirely to Jean Pucelle and his legacy.With contributions by Barbara Drake Boehm, Pascale Charron, Marc Gil, Joan A. Holladay, Marguerite A. Keane, Mie Kuroiwa, Domenic Leo, Kyunghee Pyun, Anna D. Russakoff and Roger S. Wieck.
- Author BiographyKyunghee Pyun is Assistant Professor in the Department of History of Art at the State University of New York, Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City.Anna Russakoff is Assistant Professor and Co-Chair of Art History at the American University of ParisBoth editors received a Ph.D. in Art History from the Institute of Fine Arts, New York University.
- PublisherBrepols N.V.
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintHarvey Miller Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight1383 g
- Width229 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAnna D Russakoff,Kyunghee Pyun
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.22Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.