All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ever-popular blue jean originated in the Old West frontier of San Francisco in the late 1800s, and here is an extensive look at the entire era of Old West denim. Gathered from collections around the world, it presents never-before-seen pictures of antique miners denim worn in the frontier communities of Nevada and California, including Levi denim that is over 120 years old. Over a dozen other brands that helped make blue jeans what they are today include Greenbaum Brothers, Neustadter Brothers, S R Krouse, A B Elfelt & Co, Heynemann & Co, Harman Adams, W & I Steinhart & Co, Toklas, Brown, and others. Many of these invative blue-jean designs have been lost in the dust of history and were inaccessible to the public until w. Over 300 colour photos and illustrations chronicle examples, patent drawings, and the histories of the manufacturers. This is invaluable information for fashion historians and collectors alike.
- Author BiographyMichael Harris is the manager of Montreal Books, a rare and used Internet bookshop. He is a two-time winner of the CBC Literary Competition, the editor of poetry books and anthologies. He lives in Westmount, Quebec.
- Author(s)Michael Harris
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2016
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note300 colour & b/w photos
- Weight1304 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.