All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1975, a young art student named Jeff Koons (b. 1955) moved to Chicago, where he studied at the School of the Art Institute; worked as a studio assistant to his hero, painter Ed Paschke, for $1 an hour; and socialized with many of the city's most talented artists. This handsome book takes a fresh look at the rise and career of Jeff Koons, who is w arguably one of the world's most famous artists. Koons collaborated extensively on this book, which accompanies the first solo museum exhibition in the U.S. in 16 years and offers a survey of nearly thirty years of his work, beginning with iconic sculptures from 1979 to new paintings completed in 2007. Francesco Bonami reconsiders his career, making intriguing connections to the work of Andy Warhol, A. A. Milne, Marcel Duchamp, and Gustave Courbet, among others. This is the first publication to explore a little-kwn but highly influential period in the artist's career----his time in Chicago in the 1970s. It also provides an accessible and comprehensive introduction to Koons's work for new audiences and short texts about each of his series and many major works.
- Author BiographyFrancesco Bonami is Artistic Director of the Fondazione Sandretto Re Rebaudengo and Fondazione Pitti Immagine Discovery and a former Manilow Senior Curator at the MCA. He served as chief curator of the 50th Venice Biennale. Lynne Warren is Curator at the MCA and editor of Art in Chicago, 1945--1995.
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleArt Institute of Chicago
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations + 111 colour images
- Weight993 g
- Width254 mm
- Height330 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byFrancesco Bonami
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.