All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early nineteenth century, Thomas Jefferson, the third president of the United States and the principal author of the Declaration of Independence, conceived the idea of extracting a gospel purified of what he saw as extraneous philosophical, mythological, and theological elements. To do so, he took verses from the four canical gospels and arranged them into a single narrative, focusing on the actual words of Jesus. This work was never published during Jefferson's lifetime but was inherited by his grandson and printed for the first time in the early twentieth century. The original bound manuscript, popularly referred to as The Jefferson Bible, is held by the United States National Museum in Washington.
- Author BiographyThomas Jefferson (1743-1826) drafted the Declaration of Independence, served as governor of Virginia, and was elected the third president of the United States. Mel Foster has narrated over 150 audiobooks and has won several awards. Twice an Audie finalist for 1864: Lincoln at the Gates of History by Charles Bracelen Flood and Finding God in Unexpected Places by Philip Yancey, he won for the latter title.
- Author(s)Thomas Jefferson
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication20/12/2010
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Mel Foster
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time180
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.13New
- AU $24.77New
- AU $31.46New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $47.28Trending at AU $51.02
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.17
- AU $27.36Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $31.80Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $24.05
- AU $17.42Trending at AU $20.61
- AU $12.58Trending at AU $15.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.