Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionWidely celebrated in its own time, Thomas Jefferson's first inaugural address commands the regard of Americans from across the political spectrum. Delivered as the young nation found itself embroiled in bitter partisan struggles, the speech has been halled as the Sermon on the Mount of good government. Curiously, this masterpiece - the full text of which is reproduced in this volume - has never received sustained analysis. Here, Stephen Howard Browne describes its origins, composition, meaning, and delivery. His well-crafted argument and accessible prose offer a model of analysis for rhetorical scholars and students and an added dimension to the history of the early republic and the understanding of American political thought.
- Author BiographySTEPHEN HOWARD BROWNE is a professor of communication arts and sciences at Pennsylvania State University in University Park.
- Author(s)Stephen H. Browne
- PublisherTexas A & M University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2003
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleLibrary of Presidential Rhetoric
- Place of PublicationCollege Station
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas A & M University Press
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight367 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.