Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionWe consciously and subconsciously travel various kinds of distance every day--distance both literal and figurative, physical and spiritual. The work of Danish artist Jeppe Hein (born 1974), and its staging at the Kunstmuseum Wolfsburg, address this theme. In a labyrinth of spaces, paths, intersections and squares, visitors t only encounter the minimally, kinetically and socially oriented works by Hein, but are also surprised by new and site-specific works. After his burut in December 2009, the artist expanded his spectrum of material: sound, resonance, silence, scents or breath characterize his new works and reflect his examination of Eastern philosophies and practices such as Buddhism, yoga and meditation. The catalogue is as personal as his watercolor journal in the exhibition, as Hein becomes palpable as both artist and person in a very open conversation with curator Uta Ruhkamp, as well as in essays by Finn Janning and Peter Hoeg.
- PublisherHatje Cantz
- Date of Publication15/12/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintHatje Cantz
- Weight1320 g
- Width246 mm
- Height343 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.