All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSituated in the years leading up to the overthrow of Judah by the Babylonians, Jeremiah's prophesies are set against a tense atmosphere of threat and invasion. Strongly warning of God's judgment and the nation's imminent catastrophe, Jeremiah lost credibility amongst his contemporaries as the years progressed, but the length of his book and the duration of his ministry establishes him as a major figure in the Old Testament. The fulfilment of his prophecies in later events of the Bible reassert the truth of his words and his speeches and prayers depict a God whose anger is a passionate response to the depths of love he feels for his people. Using personal anecdote, a witty and lively style, and drawing on his considerable theological kwledge, John Goldingay takes us deep into the unfolding story of the Old Testament.
- Author BiographyJohn Goldingay is the David Allan Hubbard Professor of Old Testament in the School of Theology at the Fuller Theological Seminary in the USA. His published titles include Old Testament Theology (three volumes) and commentaries on Daniel, Isaiah, and Psalms. As well as being a member of the Society of Biblical Literature, he serves on the editorial board for the Library of Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies.
- Author(s)John Goldingay
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication18/06/2015
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width129 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.