All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionProduced in 1958, The Big Country featured an all-star cast that included Gregory Peck, Charlton Heston, and Oscar-winner Burl Ives. One of the most enduring elements of the film has been Jerome Moross's score. In Jerome Moross's The Big Country: A Film Score Guide, Mariana Whitmer examines Moross's landmark work, a score that continues to attract listeners and influence composers of film, Westerns and otherwise. This book begins with a biographical survey of Moross's formative years, providing an historical context for understanding his approach to scoring The Big Country. Drawing upon Moross's original manuscripts and correspondence, Whitmer looks carefully at the score itself and examines the music's individual cues. Finally, the aftermath of this score is considered, including how it has influenced t only subsequent Westerns but also music videos.
- Author BiographyMariana Whitmer teaches film music and manages special programs at the Center for American Music at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Author(s)Mariana Whitmer
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication25/06/2012
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series TitleFilm Score Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note60 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white halftones, 3 tables
- Weight276 g
- Width136 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.