All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Jerry Moffatt burst onto the scene as a brash 17-year-old, rock climbing had never seen anyone like him before. Fiercely ambitious, even as a boy Moffatt was focussed on one thing: being the best in the world. This is the story of his meteoric rise to stardom, and how he overcame injury to stay at the top for over two decades. Top sport-climber, brilliant competitor and a pioneer in the new game of bouldering, Moffatt's story is that of climbing itself in the last thirty years. Yet Jerry Moffatt is more than a dedicated athlete. Travelling the world to fulfil his dreams, his story is a compelling and often hilarious account of the climbing community with all its glories, dangers and foibles, as well as the story of a true sporting legend.
- Author BiographyThere are few climbers who could be acknowledged as the best of their generation, Jerry Moffatt is one of them. After taking up climbing while at school in Llandudno in the 1970s he went on to become arguably the best climber in the world during the 1980s and continued to operate at the highest level throughout the 1990s. A regular in the climbing, outdoor and general media thanks to his cutting-edge exploits, Jerry has scores of international magazine cover appearances to his name, together with countless international features penned by and about him. Niall Grimes is one of the most exciting climbing writers in the world. A regular on the lecture circuit, his offbeat and well-observed humour has earned him great popularity in his native Ireland, in the UK and further afield. He has contributed articles to CLIMB, Climber, High and Summit (UK), Climbing and Rock & Ice (US), Klettern (Germany) and many more. Niall is also the guidebook co-ordinator for the British Mountaineering Council and was responsible for the Burbage, Millstone and Beyond guidebook, winner of the Mountain Exposition Award at the Banff Mountain Book Festival in 2006.
- PrizesWinner of Banff Book Festival Grand Prize 2009.
- Author(s)Jerry Moffatt
- PublisherVertebrate Graphics Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationSheffield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVertebrate Publishing
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.