Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.38Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book takes a look into the hearts and minds of athletes who achieved Super Bowl success and examines the battles they faced. It presents the stories of champions who desired to reflect glory back to God by using their jersey and the platform God gave them to make a positive difference in the world. Even so, sometimes their great intentions were hijacked by pride, materialism, distractions, and deficiencies within their own character that were never truly understood until the ultimate success came their way. Intended for players, coaches, and parents who want to learn and in turn teach important lessons about how to properly align a love of sports with God's heart, the book demonstrates how to pursue the ultimate prize -- a goal that has little to do with winning a championship ring and everything to do with how we can have a positive effect on those around us through the sports we love.
- Author BiographyHunter Smith is a unique blend of performing artist and professional athlete. He's a committed Christian, twelve-year NFL veteran, Super Bowl champion, public speaker, worship leader, pastor, Billboard top 20 Christian AC singer/songwriter, renowned storyteller, and most recently author of The Jersey Effect. He chose the University of Notre Dame and played for head coach Lou Holtz and was drafted by and played for the Indianapolis Colts for ten seasons. Darrin Gray has a unique window into the National Football League by virtue of his day-to-day involvement with All Pro Dad, Family First's national fatherhood program cofounded by Tony Dungy and Clyde Christensen. Darrin interacts with NFL athletes, coaches, and alumni who serve as spokesmen for All Pro Dad, and has conducted programs with over half of the NFL franchises. He conceptualized The Jersey Effect years ago when he wondered what motivated some athletes like Tony Dungy to use their professional platform in sports, their jersey, to make a positive impact both on and off the field.
- Author(s)Hunter Smith
- PublisherAuthor Solutions (US)
- Date of Publication20/08/2012
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAuthor Solutions (US)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight285 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.65Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.