All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
About this product
- DescriptionJessica Lost Her Wobble is psychological in nature. At mid-life, Jessie, the main character, after many upsets, moves to an island for contemplation of her life and to make a new start. While there she reflects back on her beginnings in the early 20th century in England, her move to New York City and marriage at a young age while making friends with a girl half her age. This friendship opens up a new world for her and helps her explore her own soul. Jessie becomes a part of the island, otherwise kwn as a local as she re-invents her life there and finds love. But all is t as it seems. This is J. Schlenker's first vel, written during National Novel Writing Month. It was a finalist in the 2014 William Faulkner - William Wisdom Creative Writing Competition.
- Author BiographyJ. Schlenker, at seventeen, wrote a poem, which landed, along with her picture, on the front page of her town newspaper. Before graduation, her homeroom teacher made predictions as what would happen with various students. He said she would be a famous writer. She majored in art, became a weaver and ran a weaving studio and art/craft gallery. After retirement, she began thinking about writing. With lots of encouragement from her husband she began writing some short stories and articles for newspapers and non-profits. In 2013, she completed her first novel draft while participating in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). Her first novel draft of Jessica Lost Her Wobble placed as a finalist in the William Faulkner - William Wisdom Creative Writing Competition. Schlenker entered a short story in the NYC Competition and received honorable mention on the first round. Famous writer? Yet to be seen, but stranger things have happened. But as Wayne Dyer said, You'll see it when you believe it. Upcoming Works are: The Innkeeper on the Edge, The Missing Butler and Other Life Mysteries (A Collection of Short Stories), and The Color of Cold and Ice.
- Author(s)J Schlenker
- PublisherBinka Publishing
- Date of Publication13/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBinka Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.