Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionIn the New Testament, the Epistle to the Hebrews is unique in designating Jesus as High Priest. The author of Hebrews gives a clear and definite teaching regarding the priesthood of Christ. That Jesus Christ is our High Priest belongs to the main point of the things being said (8,1). The use of the messianic oracle of Ps 110, 4 and its explanations are key to the teaching about how Christ became High Priest and the significance and meaning of Christ becoming High Priest/Priest according to the order of Melchizedek. This study is an attempt to explore Hebrews' teaching about the priesthood of Christ in Heb 5,1-7,28 and the role of Ps 110,4 in it. Heb 5,1-7,28 is an embedded discourse with its own internal organisation: with an introduction, paragraphs developing the theme and a conclusion.
- Author BiographyThe Author: James Kurianal was born in 1959 in Purapuzha, Kerala, India. He holds the degree of Licentiate in Sacred Scripture from the Pontifical Biblical Institute, Rome. He pursued studies at the Universite Catholique de Louvain, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium, and obtained the degree of Licence en philologie et histoire orientales.
- Author(s)James Kurianal
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/02/2000
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleEuropaische Hochschulschriften/European University Studies/Publications Universitaires Europeennes Reihe 23: Theologie/Series 23: Theology/Serie 23: Theologie
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 693
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight410 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.