All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLament does t seem to be a pervasive feature of the New Testament, particularly when viewed in relation to the Old Testament. A careful investigation of the New Testament, however, reveals that it thoroughly incorporates the pattern of Old Testament lament into its proclamation of the gospel, especially in the person of Jesus Christ as he both prays and embodies lament. As an act that fundamentally calls upon God to be faithful to God's promises to Israel and to the church, lament in the New Testament becomes a prayer of longing for God's kingdom, which has been inaugurated in the ministry and resurrection of Jesus, fully to come.
- Author BiographyRebekah Eklund is Assistant Professor of Theology at Loyola University Maryland, USA. She received her Th.D. in New Testament from Duke Divinity School, USA.
- Author(s)Dr. Rebekah Eklund
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleThe Library of New Testament Studies
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight324 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.