All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work offers an examination of Jesus conception of time on the basis of Mark 1.15. Palu contends that the background which makes Mark 1.15 most intelligible is Gods covenant with day and night which is established in the act of creation, specified in prophetic eschatology, and developed inSecond Temple literature; it is Gods commitment to give day and night in their appointed time, promising the restoration of Israel under Davids offspring. On the basis of recent developments in scholarly literature concerning the Greek verbal aspect, this study argues that the perfect verbs in Mark 1.15 dete an ongoing dynamic of time fulfilment, closely tied to the ultimate restoration of Israel. This begins with the appearance of Jesus during the days of John the Baptist and is mapped onto two phases of the horizon of Jesus view of time. Palu concludes that the biblical tion of time is to be tied intimately to the hope of the restoration of Israel, ultimately manifested as the establishment of the Kingdom of God.
- Author BiographyMa'afu Palu is Senior Lecturer in Biblical Studies at the Sia'atoutai Theological College in Tonga teaching Old Testament, New Testament and the Biblical languages. He has received his PhD from the University of Western Sydney in 2009 through Moore Theological College in Sydney, Australia.
- Author(s)Ma'Afu Palu
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleThe Library of New Testament Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number468
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight625 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.11Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.