All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJessica Backhaus has spent over 15 years documenting Poland, capturing people in their apartments, at work and in the untouched landscape. With a sure eye and an unusual colour language, she points out important but easily overlooked details: plastic flowers and crocheted pillowcases, images of saints and lace doilies and cherries preserved in mason jars. The pictures are neither intrusive r tactless; she encounters people with dignity and full of admiration for the way of life of Poland and its rural inhabitants.
- Author BiographyBackhaus (born in Germany 1970) studied photography in Paris, where she met Gisele Freund. Since 1995 she works as a freelancer and artist in New York. Her work has been shown in numerous exhibitions, including the National Portrait Gallery, London, and the Martin-Gropius-Bau, Berlin. She is represented by Yancey Richardson Gallery, New York and The Photographers' Gallery, London. born 1951 in Witten/ Germany, works as an art theoretician and director of the art academy Akademie der bildenden Kunste in Vienna/ Austria. works as a curator in Krakow, Poland.
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication01/12/2005
- LanguageEnglish & German
- Place of PublicationHeidelberg
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Content Note100 colour illustrations
- Weight1462 g
- Width252 mm
- Height332 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Artist(s)Jessica Backhaus
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.